OMG - There Are Homeless Folks In O'biwan's Utopian Empire!! I Am Sure It Is Bush's Fault...

Selene

Where is the Baltimore press? The Maryland press? The D.C. press?

Again, we have to see journalism breakout in England.

The death of American journalism could not be more clear.

article-0-1BAF8CB600000578-893_964x490.j

There are some nice designs though.
I did tarp camping in the Shenandoah for a week. Nice to get home and take a hot shower.

I've seen a few of these sites. One of the bike trails leads around the water edge and through some woods. I've also played chess and cards with numerous homeless people (there used to be chess tables set up in front of city hall) over several years and one thing that experience told me is that there is a large percentage, maybe not all, of the long-time homeless, who don't want a home. These guys get A LOT of help. If I was at city hall for 6 hours, there was guaranteed at least one food truck would pull up with free food. I asked them about housing and many had been offered section 8 (heavily subsidized housing) and they decided they didnt want it. I didn't and don't understand it, but what has changed in my behavior is if I see a pan handler with a sign that says "hungry," I don't give. Because either they are lying, they are merely as hungry as I am around lunch time, or they are new to the game and just don't know where to go yet.... they'll learn

There are poor poor homeless people in the city I live in that make 300-400 a day begging...yea poor homeless people taking advantage of people's goodwill and generosity.

I busted one in particular that literally played the "poor me I am deaf cards". He would come up to your car and hand you a card explaining his condition asking for change..

One day I saw him as he walked right in front of my truck as I was parked at Tim Hortons. I honked my horn and he jumped so high He damn near left his sneakers on the ground.

I rolled down my window and yelled OMG it's a freaking miracle your deafness is cured!!!

He raised his finger to his mouth and whispered "shhhhhh!!!"