New To Forum

Ms Teller

Hello! I am Ms Teller and I am new to the forum. I am very happy to have found my way here and to know I am not alone in the world! I felt an amazing connection from the first moments I picked up "Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand." It both made me think about familiar things in brand new ways and mirrored thoughts and instincts I have had for many years but was not able to find a word to describe. I have been reading her books nonstop since discovering them and I am very excited to continue reading and learning more.

Hello! I am Ms Teller and I am new to the forum. I am very happy to have found my way here and to know I am not alone in the world! I felt an amazing connection from the first moments I picked up "Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand." It both made me think about familiar things in brand new ways and mirrored thoughts and instincts I have had for many years but was not able to find a word to describe. I have been reading her books nonstop since discovering them and I am very excited to continue reading and learning more.

Welcome, enjoy your journey here.

-J

Oops, I forgot to include:

Rational.

That's a helluva thing to forget on on an O-Land site.

:smile:

Michael

Uh, no it isn't. It's the natural default, unfortunately. :sad:

--Brat

libertarians are rational--Objectivists are deep: that's why they're hard to mix

Ms Teller,

Welcome aboard!

I wonder which books about Objectivism you have read so far, with the intention of recommending others to you.

Many of us discovered Ayn Rand's works years ago. My first non fiction work of hers was The Virtue of Selfishness and then Capitalism:The Unknown Ideal. All of the articles in both of those originally appeared in The Objectivist Newsletter. At the time I wondered if it made sense to purchase the Newsletter having read so much of it elsewhere. Let me suggest that it is very worthwhile as there are questions in the Intellectual Ammunition Department, book reviews by other authors which are enlightening and lead to paths of discovery which are fruitful.

Enjoy your journey!

galtgulch

Please tell us something about what you do and how you came to think what you think.....