Any fans of "anti-life" music out there?

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest pieces of "anti-life" music arrived today: "AirMech" and "Echogenetic" by Front Line Assembly (my favorite band)!

Perhaps one of the most iconic, and recognizable, intros to any song of the metal genre.

It's interesting that heavy metal often has a freedom streak. This song just screams patriotism, in the traditional American sense of the word. For a reason, I strongly associate the opening riff (and subsequent riffs) with "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."

It's interesting that heavy metal often has a freedom streak. This song just screams patriotism, in the traditional American sense of the word. For a reason, I strongly associate the opening riff (and subsequent riffs) with "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."

You don't want to know me. I'd take you to the woodshed . . .

--Brant

youth wasted on youth, the great conundrum

I did like this one, however

--Brant

"You don't want to know me. I'd take you to the woodshed..."

I'm too young to understand that idiom...

Additionally, what need do the old have for youth?

--Brant

Ah. Youth keeps me out of old.

My life expectancy is 25 years. Well into my 90s. That's my genes. You make me feel young just out of appreciation. You should out live me by generations. I'd like to see the world you'll see when you're as old as me. It should be a great place. An interesting place. Your life should transcend the crap that's right in front of you. My life transcended the living threat of General Thermonuclear War (GTW) and the life-twisting effect of the military draft. It will not transcend the coming radical transmogrification of this country.

And you don't begin to understand how extraordinary you are. And rare. The world should be filled with people like you, but for lack of courage it's not.

I've never understood moral cowardice, but when I was younger than you it was all around me in kids my age. They've grown up and rule the world, though not me. I have no idea how you became you but it was your doing, your courage--courage become automatated through repetition so you don't even remember it or experience it as courage. Take Coke. Warren Buffett buys it at X with Y dividend. X becomes, say, 20X with that Y (%) dividend. But that dividend against the original price he paid is like 140 or so percent, not the ostensive 2.7 or so.

--Brant

not washed up, not dying on the beach

Wowser!

--Brant

I think this was my first time seeing this video. I've known about the song since it hit the airwaves in late 2011. I first heard it at my old job. I was a trashman for the City of Omaha (Parks dept.), at the time. I was running my usual trash route when this song came on 89.7 The River.

I was blown away. Completely shocked. The trash truck's audio equipment was surprisingly good, it did the song justice. Given the song's tones, echos, and reverberations, this song was made to be blasted. And I blasted it. Additionally, the audio fits so well with the song's theme.

I was even more shocked when I learned that the band was Jane's Addiction. I was familiar with their past work, and this song was so different, almost a complete departure from their previous singles.

Can you guess the song's subject matter?

--Brant

Ah. Youth keeps me out of old.

My life expectancy is 25 years. Well into my 90s. That's my genes. You make me feel young just out of appreciation. You should out live me by generations. I'd like to see the world you'll see when you're as old as me. It should be a great place. An interesting place. Your life should transcend the crap that's right in front of you. My life transcended the living threat of General Thermonuclear War (GTW) and the life-twisting effect of the military draft. It will not transcend the coming radical transmogrification of this country.

And you don't begin to understand how extraordinary you are. And rare. The world should be filled with people like you, but for lack of courage it's not.

I've never understood moral cowardice, but when I was younger than you it was all around me in kids my age. They've grown up and rule the world, though not me. I have no idea how you became you but it was your doing, your courage--courage become automatated through repetition so you don't even remember it or experience it as courage. Take Coke. Warren Buffett buys it at X with Y dividend. X becomes, say, 20X with that Y (%) dividend. But that dividend against the original price he paid is like 140 or so percent, not the ostensive 2.7 or so.

--Brant

not washed up, not dying on the beach

Conversations like these keep me young.
If you ever want to age a man, throw him into the pit of politics and watch him wither.
I've been in that pit for too long; I need a break every so often.
If anything can be given credit for keeping me alive, it's music.
"You know her life was saved by rock 'n' roll"
I'd like to see the world you'll see when you're as old as me. It should be a great place. An interesting place.
You can see the future. Just look around you right now and take in the essentials. I imagine the future will have the same essential characteristics of today but with a fresh coat of paint and a few new superficial features.
My life transcended the living threat of General Thermonuclear War (GTW) and the life-twisting effect of the military draft. It will not transcend the coming radical transmogrification of this country.
I'd have been terrified growing up in the same period you did. As you mentioned, nuclear holocaust, the draft, and, especially, Jane Fonda.
Transcendence terrifies me as I'll likely transcend into a grave.

I've never understood moral cowardice, but when I was younger than you it was all around me in kids my age. They've grown up and rule the world, though not me. I have no idea how you became you but it was your doing, your courage--courage become automatated through repetition so you don't even remember it or experience it as courage.

I can't say I am courageous. I can't recall a single act of courage that I've performed within this past year. But, perhaps this will change. Opportunities for courageous action will soon abound. And I'll have a choice to make. Will I make the correct choice, the moral choice? I don't know. What will be the moral choice when thugs come knocking at my door? Retaliation or submission? Fight thuggery then, or submit and live to fight it in the future?
Yes, I do have a choice to make.
I feel like a 100 year old man at times. Not in the sense that I am wise. I'm just tired.
These all-nighters aren't good for me and they aren't good for the people who are spying on me, for the same reason.
--Kyle
my life is for me