Bill to regulate California groundwater passes in state legislature

Backlighting

If that is an indication of her management style in a large corporation, I wonder if she would be the same in a government position.

My gut says yes and that always made me pause when thinking about her political aspirations. Habits like management style don't tend to change even when a person talks a pretty game.

Maybe she changed over time, though. I'm watching to see.

Michael

Yep, the Polaroid we sell film not cameras.

I have never been a fan of hers.

This is purely political and given the Evita choice, I am keeping an eye on her also.

There is Martinez from New Mexico that would work.

330px-Governor_NewMexico.jpg

Haley of South Carolina

248px-Official_Photo_of_SC_Governor_Nikk

Not so much.

A...

Being a purely political slut on this next election

I have an HP printer from the mid-'80's. It is tough, economical, reliable and has never needed service. However, it won't print large MB documents, so I had to buy a second printer. My 80's HP 5MP printer is still running, but none of its HP successors lasted more than a few years without a costly defect or breakdown occurring.

A friend of mine in the company says management consciously made the decision to downgrade quality because of the speed of technological development. You don't need long-term service when the Next New Thing is just six months away.

Further proof that government is incapable of supplying goods and services:

The Governor's order calls on local water agencies to adjust their rate structures to implement conservation pricing, recognized as an effective way to realize water reductions and discourage water waste.

The State of California has been in the water business for a century and it is only now realizing that prices must rise when demand increases and supply falls?

The cost of water in Dan Diego is so low you can plant any non-native plants you want and water the hell out of them and your grass and hardly notice the expense.

The water usage per household in Tucson is half that of Phoenix which has four times the population which means consumes eight times the water. Green lawns have become a rarity here. As a kid the Bermuda grass made my life hell because of my hay fever. I'm talking about months of misery. Not today.

--Brant

screw California, but let it rain on the fruit and vegie farms

The cost of water in Dan Diego is so low you can plant any non-native plants you want and water the hell out of them and your grass and hardly notice the expense.

The water usage per household in Tucson is half that of Phoenix which has four times the population which means consumes eight times the water. Green lawns have become a rarity here.

Dan Diego sounds like a paradise in California -- rates so low you can water the hell our of your lush water-loving plants and lawns and not even notice the expense (never mind the water-conservation measures in the real world of San Diego)

Rates 'so low' or very low need to be compared to some rate that is average or high. In the California city of San Diego, water rates range from $3.896 per hundred cubic feet (HCF) to $8.766 per HCF for residential customers, on a four-stepped scale. Industrial and commercial customers pay $4.47 per HCF.

On to Tucson and Phoenix.

In Tucson, water rates are also in a step range. They use a slightly different notation than San Diego -- Ccf (Centum cubic feet) = HCF. The range in Phoenix is from $1.39 per HCF for use up to 10HCF ... to $11.25 for use over 35HCF.

Phoenix has a different system of charges to Sam and Dan Diego and Tucson. In Phoenix a base charge is made (on a stepped meter size rate) on a basic amount of water, 6 hundred cubic feet. The price for these 6HCF of water ranges from $4.36 to $36.90. Dividing by 6 gives us a range of $0.726 to $6.15.

On top of that basic amount charged, there are water volume rates (divided by three seasons: low, medium, and high months). These range from the lowest low charge of $2.86 to the highest within-city charge of $3.77.

Digging up those numbers, doing the arithmetic, took me ten minutes. Now I can return to Brant's other claim of fact ... that Tucson beats Phoenix in water use. Seems it is true, at least according to a story from 2013: Tucson Beats Phoenix in Conserving Water:

Over the years, Tucson and its environs has been using considerably less water per capita, year by year, than Phoenix and its environs. Use has also been declining in Phoenix, but the difference between the two metropolitan areas is striking.

Tucson, it seems, takes water use very seriously. “Over the decade, we’ve done a lot of work to improve our water supply,” said Fernando Molina, a spokesman for Tucson Water, the city water utility. “We’ve also gotten people to change their habits. People’s behavior has changed substantially.”

The city was using about 200 gallons of water per capita daily in the 1970s; today, per capita use is now about 130 gallons a day.

Compare that to Scottsdale, the Phoenix neighborhood characterized by lush lawns and sprawling green golf courses. A typical resident in Scottsdale, for example, uses about 70 percent more water, or 220 gallons a day. And while Phoenix itself has reduced water consumption in the past decade, water use remains about 184 gallons per person, per day.

What about Sam and Dan Diego? Well, according to their water services department, the rate as of last year around 150 gallons per capita, per day.

My tentative conclusion: Brant is slightly off base in his claim for the Diegos as compared to Tucson and Phoenix.

Heh, heh. I play Adam and William like violins. I get Adam to post cartoons and Bill to do my research. Heh, heh.

--Brant

I'm bad--bad to the bone

I accidentally ran my water outside for two days and today they read my meter--if my bill is under $400 I'll be lucky; I expect to be able to beg a 25% credit

That is why we let you play us since we are OL team players...

Now, if we can just take some real bad ass marxist progressive feminist crap art on a Tea Shirt, something like Evita naked with a Picasso plasma drawing we could make a fortune by people buying one or buying us to burn one on video for them...

A...

What I'm in awe with is Bill's research acumen. He's exceedingly fast too.

--Brant

Totally agree.

• 1 month later...