reform revolution

jts

All the following quotes are from the same author. These are a few of the 25 that came up for 1 book when I searched: reform revolution

If this guy had been an Objectivist instead of a health nut, he probably would have been a good one.

The true radical applies his axe to the root of the great tree of evil; he is a revolutionist, not a reformer. He is a true conservative, not in the sense that he seeks to preserve outmoded institutions and special privileges, but in the sense that he seeks to preserve the integrity of life itself. The radical is the man who would abolish the slave system; the reformer is the man who would eliminate some of its worst features to the end that slavery may be made more bearable. The true radical in the field of health-disease is the man who would abolish the false systems of cure and substitute for them a system of mind-body care based on the laws of life; the medical reformer would abolish the worst evils of the older systems and make them less deadly. He would abandon some of the more destructive drugs, lessen the size of the dose of others, give the drug less often, and otherwise make the evil more tolerable. These reformers seek merely to make old-school medicine feel more comfortable than it now feels.

------------

What new truths, reforms and revolutions, though ever so beautiful and practical, have ever received public approval when first promulgated? Which of them has not been forced to contend with the combined forces of ignorance, superstition, bigotry and entrenched privilege? It seems an unfortunate circumstance that in every age and in every department of human activity and learning, truth must engage in a death grapple with fallacies, superstitions and popular vices and defeat and rout these before it can receive a respectable hearing.

-----------

It is fundamentally false and historically unsupported to assume that any number of petty reforms of an existing institution can result in its transmutation into something radically different. The fact is that the more an institution reforms the more it remains the same. Reforms do not merely spread out a revolution over a longer period of time; they forestall the revolution and preserve the thing that it is sought to get rid of. Revolution is not reform concentrated in a shorter time; rather, it is a basic or radical change that obliterates the old and ushers in the new.

---------

Reform means a change of externals. Reform is a patchwork program and is justifiable only when the thing that is to be reformed is basically sound and worth saving. Revolution, on the other hand, is a change from within; it corrects evils at their roots instead of making them more bearable by patching them; it is a fundamental reconstruction or the replacement of an old order with a new. Revolution is imperative when the old system, like the medical system, is rotten to the core and contains nothing worth saving.

----------

For more quotes:

http://jtstory.onlin...nh_lexicon.html

"Revolution is imperative when the old system, like the medical system, is rotten to the core and contains nothing worth saving."

Really? Eight weeks ago I had a procedure done to correct an irregular heartbeat that was not available ten years ago. Yesterday I read in the news releases about two different approaches that are improvements in the procedure I had done (I'm still cured, but the new procedures take less time on the table than mine did). The quality of life with and without this rhythm disturbance is profound. So, I beg to differ.

Before you tell me all about them, I spent more than two years trying every nutritional and supplement "cure" I could find anything about, I'm on many alternative medicine mailing lists, I get emails and newsletters almost every day. The condition got progressively worse no matter what I tried. Two years ago I swore I'd never have this procedure done because it's too invasive, frankly scared me to death. Now the condition is gone. Gone. Turns out the condition is probably genetic. Nutrition has little to do with it. I thank Galt for the medical professionals who pursued the knowledge required and developed the skills required to cure this disease. My doctor is Andrea Natale.

Before you tell me all about them, I spent more than two years trying every nutritional and supplement "cure" I could find anything about, I'm on many alternative medicine mailing lists, I get emails and newsletters almost every day. The condition got progressively worse no matter what I tried.

You are confusing between hygiene and alternative medicine. Hygiene is not alternative medicine. Also hygiene is not nutrition. Hygiene is the science of health. Nutrition is only a subset.

When Shelton bashes medicine, he is bashing mostly poisons. He does not bash all cases of surgery.

I filter my drinking water and in the shower. I use HEPA air filters in my house and bedroom, my diet is Paleo (organic, grass fed meat, wild caught fish) , plenty of vegetables, no grains or dairy, no processed food. My interest is fitness, maximum health. I practice the sport of fitness, Crossfit. Nutrition is the base of the pyramid.

"Revolution is imperative when the old system, like the medical system, is rotten to the core and contains nothing worth saving."

Really? Eight weeks ago I had a procedure done to correct an irregular heartbeat that was not available ten years ago. Yesterday I read in the news releases about two different approaches that are improvements in the procedure I had done (I'm still cured, but the new procedures take less time on the table than mine did). The quality of life with and without this rhythm disturbance is profound. So, I beg to differ.

Before you tell me all about them, I spent more than two years trying every nutritional and supplement "cure" I could find anything about, I'm on many alternative medicine mailing lists, I get emails and newsletters almost every day. The condition got progressively worse no matter what I tried. Two years ago I swore I'd never have this procedure done because it's too invasive, frankly scared me to death. Now the condition is gone. Gone. Turns out the condition is probably genetic. Nutrition has little to do with it. I thank Galt for the medical professionals who pursued the knowledge required and developed the skills required to cure this disease. My doctor is Andrea Natale.

Dr. John H. Tilden, way back in the early 1900s, seemed to have that figured out.

Disturbed Rhythm.--There are two types of rhythms described by some authors; namely, intermittent rhythm and arrhythmia (irregular, lack of rhythm). Intermittent rhythm is where the pulse beat is suspended, or misses a beat occasionally. These missed strokes are usually followed by a more pronounced systol (contraction). The cause is enervation from stimulation. Perhaps, if there is one class of stimulants, more than another, inclined to produce this state of the heart, it is the coffee-and-roll or toast habit. It means a preponderance of food of acid potentiality.

Notice, Tilden says nothing about nutrition.

Dr. John H. Tilden, way back in the early 1900s, seemed to have that figured out.

Disturbed Rhythm.--There are two types of rhythms described by some authors; namely, intermittent rhythm and arrhythmia (irregular, lack of rhythm). Intermittent rhythm is where the pulse beat is suspended, or misses a beat occasionally. These missed strokes are usually followed by a more pronounced systol (contraction). The cause is enervation from stimulation. Perhaps, if there is one class of stimulants, more than another, inclined to produce this state of the heart, it is the coffee-and-roll or toast habit. It means a preponderance of food of acid potentiality.

Notice, Tilden says nothing about nutrition.

Tilden has nothing figured out. "The cause is enervation from stimulation". Wrong. He is missing 99.999% of the data gathered since his time about not only this condition but how the body works. He simply did not have access to the knowledge with which to base a conclusion. All of these guys who "jump to conclusions" with little or no data can seem very persuasive because they seem so sure of themselves. They learn the language of medicine and enough buzz words to impress prospective clients. Scaring people is how they cull people away from mainstream medicine into being paying customers.

Tilden has nothing figured out. "The cause is enervation from stimulation". Wrong. He is missing 99.999% of the data gathered since his time about not only this condition but how the body works. He simply did not have access to the knowledge with which to base a conclusion.

If what modern mainstream doctors do is based on how the body works, then it is hygiene (the science of health) and I have no problem with it and neither would Shelton. What Shelton was opposed to was poisons, which are contrary to how the body works.

You might benefit from vitamin E supplementation too. Worth some research. Just as a backup.

--Brant