Hey!

FuturistNow

My contention is that Jews, being an historically persecuted group who had no homeland for quite some time, always find themselves as aliens in whichever country they emmigrate to. Because of this, they have psychological reasons for having some measure of antipathy towards the homogeneity and customs of their host countries. Putting myself in their shoes, I would analogize thusly...

SD,

And that's exactly what you did, i.e,. presented a long opinion as sort-of fact (and disappointed that others didn't agree) based on a boilerplate Progressive storyline.

Call the article comical if you like. But ignoring the facts still equates to ignoring the facts. The entertainment and news media happens to be up to its eyeballs in Jews and Gentiles and Blacks and everything in between.

But apparently not for your eyeballs...

Michael

EDIT: btw - I agree with you about George Soros. He's merely Jewish by accident. I don't think the culture left a mark on him.

Objectivist Dying?

--Brant

welcome to OD

Brant, I'd be more inclined to take your point if I saw any indication -- any at all -- that there was a widespread appreciation for certain intangibles which characterized the greatness of American culture around say, the late 60's. I'm more inclined to view the populace as happily anesthesized with their soma and bread and circuses.

But, good luck anyway.

The populace is about to get a sharp economic stick up the butt. What then happens is what to deal with.

--Brant

Serapis, I can't locate where you said, "Yes, I am an anti-Semite" etc, in the manner of our resident chimp. As I said there, farewell if you were serious. If you were just trying to be cute in the manner of jts, then cut it out. You are not that good at it.

Carol,

You are one liberal I like a lot.

(If the polarities were more like you and me, the world would be a far better place. I'm serious.)

Michael

Michael, I am also serious in saying my feelings are mutual. One of the many commentaries I have read about the late Margaret Thatcher was that she was polarizing, and I cannot help but think that was her worst legacy.

Objectivist Dying?

--Brant

welcome to OD

Brant, I'd be more inclined to take your point if I saw any indication -- any at all -- that there was a widespread appreciation for certain intangibles which characterized the greatness of American culture around say, the late 60's. I'm more inclined to view the populace as happily anesthesized with their soma and bread and circuses.

But, good luck anyway.

The populace is about to get a sharp economic stick up the butt. What then happens is what to deal with.

--Brant

I this nation could survive the Civil War, it could also survive the stick in the butt

Some at OO exhibit behavior and thinking usually reserved for a cult. They are so integrated that they can quote Ayn and then immediately tell you whether what you said is correct or wrong (according to the holy books and I can do that myself) but they cannot think for themselves.

Many of them are intolerant. They are not cuckoo like Scientologists but my wife read some Objectivism Online posts over my shoulder and she immediately said, These people are not right. You should fear for your safety. Crap! Do they know where we live?

They are not totally rational and I do not think they are integrated Objectivists. They are certainly several years of deprogramming away from true Objectivists like Barbara and Nathaniel Branden. If that last sentence resonates I doubly welcome you because it is true. If it repels you Check your premises!

Going "off topic" is refreshing to me but NOT so much with some other contributors or the owners. Michael will sometimes move posts to the place they were last discussed but that is infrequently done.

Peter

So your wife told you some people on a forum are wrong and you conclude that those people are irrational and cult like?

I am sorry you got banned by whoever but that wasn't a fair assessment of the on the forum.

The content is generally good and I always get well explained opinions about various issues. No, it is not a place where you can post whatever you want, there are better forums for that.

I did not mean to introduce a comparison between the two forums. I think that this forum clearly has its own purposes and a different kind of people. I am not asking anyone to change anything.

And that's exactly what you did, i.e,. presented a long opinion as sort-of fact (and disappointed that others didn't agree) based on a boilerplate Progressive storyline.

Since when it is a feature of Progressivism to be against open borders?

But you are correct that most of what I said was opinion. I was just sketching out my thoughts. That Salon article you posted had the integrity to link to the notorious VNN essay. To the unitiated, try and ignore the moralizing about "polluting the minds of children" contained therein, and just look at the facts relayed. One needn't posit the idea of a small cabal of Jews at the top of the pyramid, conspiring in cigar-smoke filled rooms who send out orders for the underlings to dutifully follow. If you have as little as 50% of those involved in the news and entertainment industry as Jews with a certain shared mindset informing their views, then it doesn't matter if not every newspaper or entertainment business is owned by Jews. From the lowliest tier of newspaper bloggers, all the way up to editors, the combined effects of all of them at every level of media production can produce a singular voice or weltanschauung for the consumers to absorb.

As far as fleshing out my theory with more facts (real facts, not "sort-of" facts), this would probably the classic starting point if you wish to study it further.

And the phenomenon is not limited to the U.S.

Notwithstanding the inflammatory title of the previous link, I think the time is long overdue for a little more light to shine on this particular gear of the engine of historical change.

Of course, this should only matter to those Objectivists who are concerned with the immigration issue. There is nothing to be alarmed about if one is a member of that sect of Objectivists who are for open borders.

Lastly, a little bit of gallows humor:

Since when it is a feature of Progressivism to be against open borders?

SB,

That is a typical boilerplate Progressive deflection. There's a technical name for it, too. It's called a pivot.

The Progressive storyline is that man is shaped by his environment, therefore entire races are victimized by their social environments. The Jews can't help being the way they are, poor things. Their environment made them that way. All with the insinuation that thank God normal people aren't defective like that (for Jews, that is--not for blacks, etc.--those get a different slant).

While social environment does play a role in a composite of factors in human nature, the Progressive storyline treats it as the ONLY factor of consequence--and there is no escape from it. That's why they want to control environments so much (social and otherwise)--so they can shape huiman beings to their liking.

The root of this is a claim that man as a species is perfectible by non-volitional measures according to a standard devised by anyone but the individual who is being so perfected.

Progressives do not have a monopoly on that (you even find it to some measure in Objectivism), but they do seem to agree on the metaphysical puppet nature of humankind. They never admit it, but I believe it is so they can pull the strings. And one of the tells is that they never consider themselves to be among the puppets.

Michael

FuturistNow wrote:

So your wife told you some people on a forum are wrong and you conclude that those people are irrational and cult like? I am sorry you got banned by whoever but that wasn't a fair assessment of the on the forum.

end quote

Oof curse ont. Your post needs proofreading. Did you forgot the name of this thread? Confused? I know I am.

Pewter