Osama bin Laden Killed

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of you have experienced this sort of thing in your lifetimes. The JFK assassination, the shooting of Rabin by a Jewish extremist (etc) but this is the first figure to die in my lifetime who truly made an impact.

It is strange that in the past 10 years every international event has revolved around his name in some way yet his death seems meaningless. The Islamic world is still Islamic and the Imperialist world is still Imperialist.

Despite all the coverage and spin this is going to get, nothing will change with his death.

Edited by Joel Mac Donald

Expect Catholics to credit this to intercession by Pope John Paul II. They just beatified him and have had his coffin out on display in Rome, with thousands of people marching past and praying. It’s a miracle!

Well, the taxidermists and makeup artists now have their moment for artifice in flesh. After the Photoshop experts strutted their stuff last week on paper.

Wonder what Obama paid both sets of 'em.

{/inevitable_cynicism}

Way ahead of you. Remember Osama's second TV appearance where he said a Democrat victory would be a Sharia victory?

Republican sound stage in Texas. And to prove my left wing credentials, I half believe that.

I welcome the news of Bin Laden's death.

What I want to say to those in the crowds I've seen tonight, at Ground Zero and on Pennsylvania Avenue:

Will bin Laden's death bring back one life lost among the military or civilians? Will it restore one ambition, hope, or plan for the future dashed by a trillion dollars in taxes and inflation? No?

Then stop exulting and waving the damn flags. A crawling pest was exterminated, and it has the same importance as wielding a can of Raid. Now let's restore the Bill of Rights and be done with it.

What I want to say to those in the crowds I've seen tonight, at Ground Zero and on Pennsylvania Avenue:

Will bin Laden's death bring back one life lost among the military or civilians? Will it restore one ambition, hope, or plan for the future dashed by a trillion dollars in taxes and inflation? No?

Then stop exulting and waving the damn flags. A crawling pest was exterminated, and it has the same importance as wielding a can of Raid. Now let's restore the Bill of Rights and be done with it.

I have no problem with the celebrations; in fact, they make perfect sense to me, especially in NYC and DC. Bin Laden's death may be little more than symbolic, but it is a very important symbol. It is a symbol of justice being done, at long last, as a smug and self-righteous mass murderer got what he deserved -- a bullet in the head and a watery grave. Excellent plan.

Ghs

This is Good News and Bad News. Good News --- the son of bitch murdering bastard is dead at American hands. Bad News -- this will benefit Barak Obama politically. It also may provoke another major attack on the U.S. on U.S. home soil. If so, let it be the occasion to wreck mass destruction on the Muslim world and leave it a smoking ruin, just as the attack on the WTC left a a smoking ruin.

Islama delenda est!

Ba'al Chatzaf

Let Justice be done, even if the Heavens fall. Every great journey begins with a single step. Let the death of one crawling pest be the first of many such deaths. If thine enemy smite the on thy cheek, tear his head off and defecate down his neck. Then wipe out his family.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Think not of those who are killed in the way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision. (3:169)

Let it be so! Let this son of a bitch Muslim crazy be shacked up in Paradise with their 72 chippies. They are There and we are Here and that is very good news. It means we are rid of them.

Delenda Islama Est!

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

If so, let it be the occasion to wreck mass destruction on the Muslim world and leave it a smoking ruin, just as the attack on the WTC left a a smoking ruin.

Islama delenda est!

Bob,

Dream on.

Before your blood-lust causes your rosacea to erupt, check this quote out, from one Barack Hussein Obama (see here):

The president said the killing of bin Laden would resonate around the world with people who oppose terrorism, and he stressed that the U.S. did not target bin Laden because of his faith.

"The U.S. is not at war with Islam," Obama said, echoing a phrase also used by his predecessor President George W. Bush. "Bin laden was not a Muslim leader. He was a mass murderer of Muslims.

"His demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity," Obama said.

Michael

If so, let it be the occasion to wreck mass destruction on the Muslim world and leave it a smoking ruin, just as the attack on the WTC left a a smoking ruin.

Islama delenda est!

Bob,

Dream on.

Before your blood-lust causes your rosacea to erupt, check this quote out, from one Barack Hussein Obama (see here):

The president said the killing of bin Laden would resonate around the world with people who oppose terrorism, and he stressed that the U.S. did not target bin Laden because of his faith.

"The U.S. is not at war with Islam," Obama said, echoing a phrase also used by his predecessor President George W. Bush. "Bin laden was not a Muslim leader. He was a mass murderer of Muslims.

"His demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity," Obama said.

Michael

Wait and see if the Yemen branch of al Queda commits an act of terrorism on U.S. soil. If it does, the anger of the people will compel President Obama to act. We shall see.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I have no problem with the celebrations; in fact, they make perfect sense to me, especially in NYC and DC. Bin Laden's death may be little more than symbolic, but it is a very important symbol. It is a symbol of justice being done, at long last, as a smug and self-righteous mass murderer got what he deserved -- a bullet in the head and a watery grave. Excellent plan.

George,

This is precisely my sentiment. I couldn't have expressed it better in my own words.

Michael

Buried at sea, I wonder why they did that. Our forebears would have dipped his head in tar and displayed it on a pike.

Well, I'll be the first to say it: He sleeps with da fishes...

Dennis,

Obama did not want to leave a shrine for Islamists to celebrate bin Laden's "martyrdom." I think this was wise.

I have to admit that Obama performed this operation in the highest quality manner you can expect of a leader. (And I am no fan of Obama.)

See here:

In March, President Obama Authorized Development of Plan to Bomb Compound but Wanting Evidence of OBL's Death, Did Not Execute

by Jake Tapper

May 2, 2011

ABC News

From the article:

Sources tell ABC News that in March President Obama authorized the development of a plan for the U.S. to bomb Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad compound with two B2 stealth bombers dropping a few dozen 2,000-pound JDAMs (Joint Direct Attack Munitions) on the compound.

But when the president heard the compound would be reduced to rubble he chose not to pursue that option.

That would mean there would be no evidence bin Laden was dead to present to the world – no DNA evidence, as the administration anticipates it will have.

Plus all 22 people in the compound including women and children, plus likely many neighbors would be killed.

The president wanted proof. And he wanted to minimize collateral damage.

So instead the president authorized this incredibly daring and difficult operation, scheduled for a time of "low loom" – little moon luminosity – so the US helicopters could enter into Pakistan low to the ground and undetected.

Michael

Obama did not want to leave a shrine for Islamists to celebrate bin Laden's "martyrdom." I think this was wise.

Yeah I know, I’m just having fun with it. This is one of those rare cases where someone’s death is a cause for celebration, with no need to be respectful.

President O'bama is to be commended for effectively executing a difficult tactical plan that was developed over approximately one (1) year.

His speech from the White House was superior.

The execution of this mission was fraught with possible failure which would have been catastrophic for our country.

He exhibited quality leadership, calm decision making and courage in executing this particular version of his mission options.

This is one of his campaign positions which I always believed had merit. He understood Pakistan and clearly stated that he

would extend the war into Pakistan.

Surprisingly, his core group of advisers kept this from leaking which is remarkable.

As a New Yorker who lost friends on 9-11, I thank our President for bringing this death cult leader to his just end.

Adam

Dennis,

I have to admit that Obama performed this operation in the highest quality manner you can expect of a leader. (And I am no fan of Obama.)

Yeah, that part is not great, but Obama got the job done, and we should give credit where credit is due. And he had the guts to do this without first alerting the Pakistan government, which would certainly have leaked the info.

And how about those Navy Seals! With the exception of the helicopter malfunction (which is troublesome), everything went off without a hitch.

Bin Laden got shot with a single round in the left eye, which would indicate a precise sniper at work. I wonder if we will ever know the name of the Seal who fired that historic shot. Probably not, because this would make him and his family prime targets for revenge. But I'll bet that shooter is getting a lot of handshakes from fellow Seals and whatever CIA operatives were in on the plan.

Right out of a Tom Clancy novel!

Ghs

This news is obviously being celebrated in the SLOP underbelly of O-Land, with macho crowing and so forth (see here).

If you start on the post by Jody Gomez on Mon, 2011-05-02 04:03, here is how a small exchange went:

Jody Gomez: And now I'm hearing Objectivists, who would obviously rather die on their knees than live on their feet, complaining that it is no reason to celebrate and now he is only a martyr. I say, let's make some more martyrs. Fuck 'em all.

Objectivist Liar and Hater Lindsay Perigo: I take it you're frequenting O-Lying, then, Jody? Well, that'll larn ya! ...

Jody Gomez: Haven't been to OL in years. Way too much filth over there. Actually it was O'ists on FB.

I'll just let these paragons of high concept and deep wisdom speak for themselves.

Michael