Fiddled Data

20140707_china.jpg

The removal of sanction.

Strikes me as passive-aggressive, just like in Atlas Shrugged.

In her own life, Ayn Rand mixed it up, but that was her default mode.

Wolf is standing in the back of the passenger train as we get smaller and smaller?

Poof!--we're gone.

--Brant

I wonder where that train is going to (poof!--it's gone?)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is just probably going to Marotta to nurse his butthurt for a while and shore up his resolve as an anarchist until such time as foolish infidels such as myself bow down and recognize his superiority.

:)

As an aside I do recognize and value his contributions here such as his charts as well. Kind of a taking the good for what it is worth and looking at the other with a grain of salt.

Pretttty thin skin though. First ignoring Scherk, Naomi and anyone else that had things to say he did not agree with, frankly I am shocked I was not added to that ignore list as well!

Wolf should have his own corner.

Wolf can come and go as he wishes.

I like him a lot. I don't understand his vehemence on the gay thing, but he articulates it with a lot of facts. Each has his thing, I guess. I'm not a fan of clarinet players. :smile:

(One of my exes, a clarinet player, left me for another clarinet player. Disgusting profession... :smile: )

As to shrugging, I used to do that a lot. I gave it up as a lifestyle.

In AS, the dudes shrugged and the world went to hell in a handbasket. I learned the hard way that when I shrug, there are a lot of competent people who keep the world running right along.

The only thing I ever did effectively by shrugging was take myself out of the market and get older.

I can't give up shrugging altogether, though. I'm an addict. :smile:

I think the secret is to selectively shrug if I can ever learn how to do it--only when the activity is truly hopeless or if I really don't give a damn. But a lot of that's like a hidden pothole in the road. I only see it once I have fallen in.

Michael

I'm afraid for Wolf it was his way or the highway--in reverse. He shook the tree and he fell out, a neat trick. He has his own community, at least in his head. OL is too much another kettle of fish. He posted videos of two different parades on his goodbye thread. While I'm no fan of parades, one was boring as hell. The reason there are "gay pride" parades is gays are extruded from hometowns and end up in serious ghettos in major cities. That said, I don't like gay this and gay that or black this and black that or women this and woman that, etc. I'm not a joiner. This is not simply a virtue of my individualism, but social reticence from being a psychological hider that must have started when I was extremely young. I've gotten rid of about 80% of that, but it lingers in the core. I will not, however, remain hidden at the cost of self-abasement. Wolf kept throwing up these categories he had no truck with members of including "killers." Well, that one pushed me over the edge. I took him at his literal word. Show me a communist with a gun fighting for communism--or a Nazi--I have no problem opening fire. I never would have agreed to my army medical training if it would have dis-armed me. I intended to fight and kill. I did, but stopped when I realized that war was an all wrong meat grinder. I assume Wolf no longer likes me either because of that killer thing or a visual of me manning a man. (I had him face down, btw, if that helps.) Then there is an essential indefensibility of his entire opus. These collectivist categories are not defendable unless they are given the intellectual status of axioms, but axioms have no social status. It's a contradiction. There is nothing social about metaphysics and epistemology. You get social when you move on to ethics and politics and when you do you make exceptions to categorizations if they are deserved or forgivable by virtue of context. As moral constructs they are also challengeable. This is because it's still individualism at the core or "basic principles of Objectivism" (which is quite different than the "Basic Principles of Objectivism" course). So, I left Wolf with nothing to talk about apropos to this site. (Greg, the "moralizer," does the same thing but eschews philosophy or making a better world apart from his own directly experienced world. He's a happy fella--"Happy, happy, happy"?--and will stay happy as long as that works for him. This leaves him free to roam all over this joint; you can't argue with him; if you think you can, you're deluded. I'm the only guy here I know of who's even slightly pissed him off. I sensed steam coming out of his ears once or twice, but he kept it sublimated enough to stay dumb and happy and not blatantly give himself away. A mighty fortress, indeed.)

--Brant