New Here

Johnny12

Hello all individualists/Objectivists/capitalists/libertarians/etc,

I'm new to the forums. My name is Johnny, I'm 23, married, and I live in north Georgia. I was first introduced to Ayn Rand and Objectivism when I was 16 and I read Atlas Shrugged. I was too young to fully grasp the whole philosophical foundation and premise of Objectivism but I knew that I respected individual rights and was in favor of limited and small government. I have read AS two times, and am currently going through it for the 3rd time. I have also read some of Ayn Rand's non-fiction as well such as Capitalism:The Unknown Ideal.

I consider myself an atheist in terms of religion. If someone asks I label myself a "libertarian" or a "capitalist" because those terms are more widely understood.

I look forward to learning and discussing with all of you.

Hello all individualists/Objectivists/capitalists/libertarians/etc,

I'm new to the forums. My name is Johnny, I'm 23, married, and I live in north Georgia. I was first introduced to Ayn Rand and Objectivism when I was 16 and I read Atlas Shrugged. I was too young to fully grasp the whole philosophical foundation and premise of Objectivism but I knew that I respected individual rights and was in favor of limited and small government. I have read AS two times, and am currently going through it for the 3rd time. I have also read some of Ayn Rand's non-fiction as well such as Capitalism:The Unknown Ideal.

I consider myself an atheist in terms of religion. If someone asks I label myself a "libertarian" or a "capitalist" because those terms are more widely understood.

I look forward to learning and discussing with all of you.

Johnny, welcome to OL. It's great to see a young man who is married join us (I have a 26 year old son who is still single) - I would like to see the pendulum swing back to younger marriages and more grandchildren for unselfish types like me.

At some point Selene (Adam) will say hi and ask you if you are a slave of the State. This might seem alarming but it is the way he welcomes everybody,he has a heart of gold really.

Seriously, this site has the best variety of good minds and good fun on the Objectivish net, so it seems to me. I am still newish myself.

Come in and set a spell.

Edited by daunce lynam

Travis:

Welcome to OL.

It must be fun working for the company that makes white out.

Now that Carol explained my opening question, I see that you work in corrections, state, county or federal facility? Did you chose to go into that field or was it the best available option you had as a family man?

Also, have you seen the movie?

Adam

Edited by Selene

Travis:

Welcome to OL.

It must be fun working for the company that makes white out.

Now that Carol explained my opening question, I see that you work in corrections, state, county or federal facility? Did you chose to go into that field or was it the best available option you had as a family man?

Also, have you seen the movie?

Adam

I work in private corrections, CCA to be exact. I have worked for the State of Georgia in the Corrections system as well. The pay is lower, and the hours are longer working for the state so I began working for CCA about 8 months ago. I didn't grow up dreaming of working corrections, but it was the best option at the time and I like it for the most part so I plan on staying in for the foreseeable future. However I have dreams of owning my own business eventually.

I have seen the movie, I saw it on the 16th. I took my wife (who had never read the book)to see it with me and she liked it so much that she's reading it now. Or at least attempting to fit a 1200 page book into her busy life.