What About Bill Cosby?

Off the topic of Bill Cosby and the rape-by-media he has faced ... up here in Canada a big sexual assault flap led to charges being laid today against the former CBC radio star Jian Ghomeshi.

-- one of the creepiest allegations made against him was by a former co-worker on his CBC show. He is purported to have said to her: "I want to hate-fuck you." I still don't know exactly what hate-fuck means (to Jian), but is sounds like assault. How would one consent to be hate-fucked?

This guy's career is completely destroyed for the foreseeable future because of the allegations. Here is a picture of him leaving court today. This is front-page news in the savage north.

ghomeshi-charged-20141126.jpg

Edited by william.scherk

Re: Cosby... Just passing along an article just published the the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Seems like he prowled for prey here too.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/norm-clarke/las-vegan-recalls-chilling-cosby-scene

I don't know...

Let's take a look at that article. Direct quote:

About six weeks after her tennis relationship turned into a Cosby friendship, Tagliaferri accepted a dinner invitation from him and took her girlfriend, Wendy, a DJ at the Hilton’s disco.

After dinner, when they returned to the Hilton, where Cosby was headlining, he asked if she would like to have a tour of his hotel room, the famous suite where Elvis stayed when he was performing at the Hilton.

She asked Wendy to come along, even though she considered Cosby “harmless.”

After a brief tour of the penthouse, “things changed dramatically and quickly,” she wrote.

“He made it clear to me in a very aggressive way what his intentions were. He chillingly said to me, ‘I will have you.’

“Those words are imprinted on my brain along with the evil I felt. My first thought was, ‘No you will not.’ Then shock took over, and when words wouldn't come a paralyzing feeling did.

“Wendy started talking very fast, she was explaining that she had to get back to work, she would surely be missed and how would she explain that and that I was going with her.

“Wendy never left me. For that one instinctive act of love and protection, I will never be able to thank her enough. It is a blur (on) how we left or what force propelled us out of there, but we were safe.”

So, if I understand this article correctly, apparently Cosby was going to rape this girl, Tagliaferri, in his hotel room right in front of her DJ friend Wendy who was tagging along. And her friend talked Cosby out of the dastardly deed.

By arguing what?

That she had to get back to work?!!

Huh?

What am I missing?

How does that happen with a big bad nasty committed rapist?

I'm not against trashing Cosby with facts.

But this?

A famous entertainer takes a pretty girl and her friend to his room and probably hit on her, and she left without anything happening.

Shouldn't that be proof that he was not a rapist?

Dayaamm!

Here's more where I'm at.

In Conversation: CHRIS ROCK
What’s killing comedy. What’s saving America.
November 30, 2014

by Frank Rich
Vulture

From the article:

You've always been incredibly respectful and a fan of great comedians ahead of you. Have any ever been disdainful of you?

I mean, maybe Cosby early on, but he turned pretty quick. Other than that, nobody.

What do you make of what’s happening to Cosby now?

I don’t know what to say. What do you say? I hope it’s not true. That’s all you can say. I really do. I grew up on Cosby. I love Cosby, and I just hope it’s not true. It’s a weird year for comedy. We lost Robin, we lost Joan, and we kind of lost Cosby.

That sounds like a man who is using his own eyes.

God, I hate the mainstream press...

Michael

I dunno, Michael. Did I tell you what happened here in Tucson when I went with a young woman friend to Crosby's hotel room? I had to beat him off with my truck-driver tire thumper when he said, "$100." She was worth $500 and I sure was going to get my cut!

--Brant

CNN is certainly on the story like a dog with a bone.

I'm putting this here to let people see what the accusations look like up close by the most famous woman claiming to be a victim.

I looked into Janice Dickinson's life a bit. Apparently she was mess before she ever met Cosby and continued to be a mess up to today. She will probably be a mess in the future.

One thing is clear to me (and I base my judgment on experience). She has a fire raging in her to stay in the public eye. I actually admire that fire. I have worked with a whole bunch of pop artists and the ones who become successful and stay there have to have it. I've seen this close up.

But I don't take anything these people say at face value. You can't. Their moral center is fame, not truth.

Look her up and come to your own conclusion about her character. Here's a Wikipedia link: Janice Dickinson.

She accused her father of pedophilia. Lifelong problems with addiction and alcoholism (even going on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew). Extremely promiscuous--based on memoirs she authored. Constantly thrown off TV shows for bickering, but constantly in the limelight. Great insistence on being the first "supermodel." Constant public reinvention. And on and on.

People like that use sex as a tool for their ambition. They seduce others for fame and power. Anybody who has been in the center of the entertainment storm knows about this stuff. You can't not see it all around you.

It's possible to rape them. I don't deny that. But when their ambition is out front with someone powerful and they get alone together, I get a headache just thinking about all the mixed signals that a rape would involve. Especially since Dickinson claims in the video above she "trusted" Cosby because of "his demeanor and the promise of a career," even saying outright she wanted a television career and insinuating that was why she was with him.

I just don't find it credible that she slept with half the entertainment industry to get gigs, but was the paragon of innocence with Cosby.

I don't doubt Dickinson has demons to deal with and real pain, too. I feel for her. I do. And she hates Cosby.

The term "woman scorned" keeps coming unbidden in my mind, but that's just a gut feeling. Probably because I've seen too often women scorned do exactly what she is doing. And, apparently, not many TV career opportunities from Cosby materialized.

Others can come to their own conclusions, but in my opinion, this theme "Cosby is a rapist," and the constant harping on it while appealing to nothing but gossip and hammered melodramatic emotions is just an attempt by Dickenson--and CNN for that matter--to stay relevant in the public eye.

Publicity stunt is another term that comes unbidden to mind...

One burned out center-of-attention pretty girl coming up on 60 and one burned out TV station trying to get something going...

Don't worry, though. If facts--real facts (and a confession will do)--ever come out that Cosby did rape women, I will be glad to correct my stance and become a very harsh critic.

I am defending a principle as my foundation--rational objectivity as opposed to gossip and group dynamics, not a person. I have discovered that, principle-wise, the hardest stance to maintain is to refuse to join in with the crowd when someone is being accused of rape, pedophilia and the like--to say gossip is gossip when it is.

But I have a friggin' hard head...

:)

Michael

I think there's a lot of sexual malfunction and unhappiness in Western society today. The predator and assailant Bill Cosby seems to have gotten a ton of women in his time. On the one hand, Good Guys today fail to seduce women at a rate anywhere near Cosby. On the other hand, Good Women let themselves be seduced by the likes of him in giant numbers. And drugged and raped. And then they don't complain about it for 40 years. Everyone loses -- decent men and decent women. The only triumphant figure is the fiend and monster Bill Cosby (and Mike Tyson, William Kennedy Smith, Bill Clinton, etc). With this near universal sexual failure, men and women today strike me as morons and lowlifes.

Kyrel,

Somehow I don't see you on a film set in the entertainment industry. I just don't see it working out.

:smile:

btw - I have no doubt Cosby was a dog (meaning womanizer).

Rapist? Possible, but I seriously doubt it.

The point is, for those who have lived on the other side of the cameras, everybody is sexually loose in that environment.

They are all dogs.

There are a few exceptions, but none I know of have gone to the top as actors or actresses.

When someone wants out of the sexual rat-race, they generally turn to religion and leave their career behind. Churches are full of people like that--and they all tend to tell the same story.

Look at Rand. Even Rand. She left Hollywood behind while she was on top of her own game.

Why?

She couldn't get other gigs?

Was it just the artistic level of the film industry or was she sick and tired of that environment? Nobody leaves where they are happy. She had power, too. Back then, nobody talked about it, but debauchery was still the rule, not the exception.

That's real and it has always permeated entertainment, but it's not the big sex problem. Pedophilia is--sometimes with moms pushing their little darlings into parties at the homes of those with the power to hire new talent.

Michael

I think there's a lot of sexual malfunction and unhappiness in Western society today. The predator and assailant Bill Cosby seems to have gotten a ton of women in his time. On the one hand, Good Guys today fail to seduce women at a rate anywhere near Cosby. On the other hand, Good Women let themselves be seduced by the likes of him in giant numbers. And drugged and raped. And then they don't complain about it for 40 years. Everyone loses -- decent men and decent women. The only triumphant figure is the fiend and monster Bill Cosby (and Mike Tyson, William Kennedy Smith, Bill Clinton, etc). With this near universal sexual failure, men and women today strike me as morons and lowlifes.

Just a drive-by post ignorant and uninterested in the context created by the thread. It is also full of garbage assumptions--garbage as yet to be shown--so far a bunch of feeding frenzy allegations and even blame the victim. "Men and women today" caps off this noxious nonsense. There are billions of them, don't you know?

--Brant

That's real and it has always permeated entertainment, but it's not the big sex problem. Pedophilia is--sometimes with moms pushing their little darlings into parties at the homes of those with the power to hire new talent.

When I wrote that post last night, I added on that I'm waiting for someone to come out and accuse Cosby of pedophilia. But I thought, nah... the rape story is where the media is focused.

Lo and behold, look here:

Woman sues Bill Cosby, claiming underage abuse

By Anthony McCartney

Dec. 3, 2014

Associated Press

Bill Cosby was sued Tuesday by a Southern California woman who claims the comedian molested her in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion around 1974 when she was 15 years old.

Judy Huth's sexual battery lawsuit does not specify how much she is seeking from Cosby, who has in recent weeks faced renewed accusations that he drugged and sexually assaulted more than a dozen women for many years.

Huth's lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, however, is the first time a woman has gone public claiming Cosby abused her when she was underage. A second woman told Pittsburgh television station KDKA last month that Cosby drugged her to the point of unconsciousness in the 1980s when she was 15.

Huth's lawsuit states that she and a 16-year-old friend first met Cosby at a Los Angeles-area film shoot and the comedian gave the girls drinks a week later at a tennis club.

The lawsuit states that Cosby took them to the Playboy Mansion after several drinks, and told the teenagers to lie and say they were 19 years old if asked. Her lawsuit states Cosby forced her to perform a sex act on him with her hand.

At least this one is going to court.

Huth's claims are a lot to prove, so let's see if she presents facts.

I actually think this is a good thing. I vastly prefer the courts to ascertain facts over the mainstream press, which I don't trust for anything.

The meme now will be rapist and pedophile. It will probably take some time before the word itself appears among the gossip (I predict the euphemism "underage abuse" will stay in favor for a bit), but I have no doubt it will.

Where's Nancy Grace when you need her?

Michael

Just a drive-by post ignorant and uninterested in the context created by the thread. It is also full of garbage assumptions--garbage as yet to be shown--so far a bunch of feeding frenzy allegations and even blame the victim. "Men and women today" caps off this noxious nonsense. There are billions of them, don't you know?

--Brant

Agreed. Lots of BS smuggled into one short post.

15 yo is not pedophilia. If the law says it is it's a legality. Nature wants 15yo's to have babies. Even younger. Puberty is the dividing line of it all. Civilization means we can prolong childhood, aka adolescence, making it a better and educational time for a happier future and not be DNA slaves. If Crosby stuck his dick into that he was fucking that up for her. Wait until the woman comes forth and says, "I was ten in his den . . . " She's next to this next.

--Brant

everything is stinking

Just for burps and giggles:

Ayn Rand Quotes Are More Despicable Than Bill Cosby Rape Memes?

by J.D. Tuccille

Nov. 24, 2014

Hit and Run blog

Reason

From the article:

Last year, Nick Gillespie clued us in to Forever 21's "Unstoppable Muscle Tee," which allowed purchasers to boast to the world with (a variant of) Ayn Rand's words: "The question isn't who is going to let me, it's who is going to stop me."

That shirt may have hit a chord, because it's sold out...

. . .

... "Ayn Rand, misquoted as a feminist, now featured on belly t-shirts for teenage girls" [is] more highbrow, but also more despicable, than "Bill Cosby rape-as-meme," referring to graphics passing through social media referencing the controversy-dogged funnyman who faces a laundry list of accusations of very bad behavior.

It sure is odd to see those two names and contexts paired.

Michael

Clicking through to the classification matrix is a hoot. Apparently, the survival of the left-wing publication, "The New Republic", into the next century is considered very high-brow and sort of brilliant, but what is really brilliant and sort of high-brow is Harry Belafonte's speech at the Governor's Awards extolling the positive virtues of Hollywood -- "Maybe, just maybe, it could be civilization's game changer." In fact, almost everything on the chart shows highly questionable judgment.

Darrell

The point is, for those who have lived on the other side of the cameras, everybody is sexually loose in that environment.

They are all dogs.

There are a few exceptions, but none I know of have gone to the top as actors or actresses.

Michael

I am reasonably sure that Ayn knew that Pat and Gary were having an "affair during the filming of The Fountainhead."

Nancy Grace? Kill me. What a phony, disingenuous, piece of work. I know you were just joking, but I just can't stand to watch her, despite the fact that I generally enjoy watching murder mysteries.

Darrell,

I used to like watching her way back when she was a guest on the Larry King. I thought at the time they would eventually give her a show because she looked and talked good on TV. Fiery with good legal opinions.

Then they did give her a show.

I was pleased.

Then she turned into the Scandal-Babble Dragon Lady from Hell...

Michael

They are all dogs.

Michael

I am reasonably sure that Ayn knew that Pat and Gary were having an "affair during the filming of The Fountainhead."

She--Pat--loved it.

--Brant

but why do you assume any such thing respecting what Ayn knew?

where is "science" when we need it?

They are all dogs.

Michael

She--Pat--loved it.

--Brant

Reasonably sure is not assuming anything...seems like everyone on the crew knew...

They are all dogs.

Michael

She--Pat--loved it.

--Brant

Reasonably sure is not assuming anything...seems like everyone on the crew knew...

Ayn was part of the crew? This is interesting. I wonder how much she was on the set? Anyway, from what I've read and heard about her she'd likely not have disapproved. She thought Peikoff having an affair would have been great. That's a Nathaniel Branden story and likely about the 1950s.

--Brant

They are all dogs.

Michael

Any idea how many hours AR was actually on the set?

Perhaps enough to see the sparks flying between the two.

-Joe

They are all dogs.

Michael

-Joe

http://kinoimages.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/ayn-rand-on-set-of-the-fountainhead/

No clue, see shot in the link...

They are all dogs.

Michael

-Joe

http://kinoimages.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/ayn-rand-on-set-of-the-fountainhead/

No clue, see shot in the link...

Thanks Adam...I've seen that shot...what a threesome.

-Joe