I read 'The Passion of Ayn Rand' - I am suspicious as hell.

Nerian

Okay, Brant. No quotes. When you consider the loss of trust, havoc and destruction wrought, nothing good came out of her irrational actions, beyond simple gratification (and I project feelings of triumph too.)

I don't agree with this general assessment at all. Your statement is only correct if it feeds off its own premise of "nothing good came from her irrational actions," implying most of her actions were irrational. The good that has come out of the life of Ayn Rand is still ramping up and will continue for centuries, but she's dead and can't do any more of the needed heavy lifting.

--Brant

• 7 months later...

Peter,

There are two other, more recent biographies of Ayn Rand. One is by Jennifer Burns, and one is by Anne C. Heller. In your university library, you may have The Journal of Ayn Rand Studies or your may have access to it through JSTOR. In the V13N1 issue (July 2013), there is a double review of these two biographies by Robert Campbell that is really helpful for deciding which, if either, you might like to read.

Ms. Heller remarks on some early work by Rand called Ideal here.

("Ayn Rand Worshipped a Serial Killer" here and about a million other places online.)

Why exactly did you chose this one to link? It's incredibly biased drivel even if it's based in reality.

Are you involved with math or engineering as a student or professional?