New Low at SOLO

william.scherk

I posted a new instance of LOW at my OL blog, WSS & Friends, in The Ick Factor (1)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your concern. Yes, I don't live in Christchurch. Two of my sisters and their families live there, but they are all okay.

That is good news.

The notion of solid ground is imperfectly founded.

As long as outer shell of this planet is cracked and driven by the inner heat there will be no quiet earth.

Ba'al Chatzaf

That it most certainly is, Ba'al, as is the notion that Mother Earth provides.

Honestly Richard, is this how you react to having escaped a devastating natural phenomenon.

One might be tempted to feed you into Ba'al's fiery maw.Overripe though you might be.

Thanks for your concern. Yes, I don't live in Christchurch. Two of my sisters and their families live there, but they are all okay.

That is good news.

As long as outer shell of this planet is cracked and driven by the inner heat there will be no quiet earth.

Ba'al Chatzaf

U don't want no "quiet earth." Trust me on this.

--Brant

unless you live in C.C.

Edited by Brant Gaede

That is good news.

Ba'al Chatzaf

U don't want no "quiet earth." Trust me on this.

--Brant

unless you live in C.C.

Richard,

That is good to know.

My sympathy in this sombre time for your country.

Less appreciated, despite being true, is Ba'al's gratuitous scientific over-view.

But that's Bob. <_<

Tony

I didn't escape it anymore than you did. I wasn't even there. One thing the disaster has done is sharpen my animosity towards Environmentalists and statists. Is a desire for freedom in your veins, or what, or are you more concerned as to whether or not people have what you consider to be an acceptable reaction?

Edited by Infidel

I didn't escape it anymore than you did. I wasn't even there. One thing the disaster has done is sharpen my animosity towards Environmentalists and statists. Is a desire for freedom in your veins, or what, or are you more concerned as to whether or not people have what you consider to be an acceptable reaction?

They don't count, They that do are helping out as they can, however how little. As this.

--Brant

I admit

I asked you a question and you have answered it. Your reaction to this natural shock was to sharpen your hatred towards things you already hated.

I will answer what you asked me in return. (1) yes

(2) no.

If anyone here thinks OL gets dire and tiresome and hysterical from time to time, with borderline personalities stalking narcissists and so on . . . get a load of the competition....

-- annoying little piss ant

I know what a pissant is, but what is a piss ant? A species of ant that pisses?

Ghs

If anyone here thinks OL gets dire and tiresome and hysterical from time to time, with borderline personalities stalking narcissists and so on . . . get a load of the competition....

A very small ant of which hundreds can get in your home looking for food. When you squish them it smells like piss.

--Brant

A very small ant of which hundreds can get in your home looking for food. When you squish them it smells like piss.

--Brant

I assume that whoever wrote piss ant meant to call his target an insignificant or worthless person, not an ant that smells like piss when you step on it. Spelling counts when you are attempting to insult someone. :rolleyes:

Ghs

I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch.

Gilda Radner

George H. Smith wrote, in response to the phrase, “-- annoying little piss ant . . .”

Ghs

End quote

Cheer up George!

Enjoy some Fine Insults,

Peter

The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor:

She said, "If you were my husband I'd give you poison."

He said, "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable disease."

"That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policies or your mistress."

"He had delusions of adequacy." -Walter Kerr

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." Clarence Darrow

"He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary." - William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway).

"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it." - Moses Hadas

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.." - Oscar Wilde

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend.... if you have one." -George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second.... if there is one." - Winston Churchill, in response.

"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." - Stephen Bishop

"He is a self-made man and worships his creator." - John Bright

"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial." - Irvin S. Cobb

"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others." -Samuel Johnson

"He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up." - Paul Keating

"In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily." -Charles, Count Talleyrand

"He loves nature in spite of what it did to him." - Forrest Tucker

"Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?" - Mark Twain

"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." -Mae West

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.." - Oscar Wilde

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . for support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

"He has Van Gogh's ear for music." - Billy Wilder

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx