The Upcoming Elections

Peter

ms. n:

Do you own your own body?

A...

Ummm... yes?

Ok.

Share with me the essential difference between your right to your body and your right to your other property?

A...

Ok.

Share with me the essential difference between your right to your body and your right to your other property?

A...

There's none that I can think of. :mellow:

OK

Now extend that to your projected argument on open borders - equating your body to your absolute personal border - hmm

OK

Now extend that to your projected argument on open borders - equating your body to your absolute personal border - hmm

I don't understand what you're getting at. You'll have to spell it out clearly for me.

ms. n:

I am not going to dance with you on this one.

Be specific.

A...

OK

I don't understand what you're getting at. You'll have to spell it out clearly for me.

ms. n:

Be specific.

A...

Be specific about what? I don't understand what point you're trying to make in your previous post.

OK

ms. n:

Be specific.

A...

Be specific about what? I don't understand what point you're trying to make in your previous post.

Not a problem, I would believe that you can work out what I asked.

If not, perhaps others can show you the way...

Not a problem, I would believe that you can work out what I asked.

If not, perhaps others can show you the way...

You're being too vague. If you want to make a coherent point, then you need to be specific. You can't just expect people to know what you're thinking.

ms. n:

Sorry, I am not going to be any clearer, nor am I willing to paint large footprints from your original position.

A...

A 'free Society' (a big bunch of thinking, self-responsible individuals within certain geographical boundaries) is a benevolent, confident Society which has no fear of other individuals joining it, conversely, gladly invites them in. *Of course*, this presupposes it would be capitalist - *of course* it would be individual-rights-affirming: after all, those are the natural, logical consequences of freedom-seeking, rational people.

Contrast with a climate of partial altruism-collectivism, of which the clear and inevitable consequence is that men will distrust, suspect, envy and despise their fellow men. What would immigrants seek in this society? Where there would be -no doubt at all- in an already free nation, new citizens continually arriving for the 'right' reasons... as things stand I'd have to be very wary of the motives of immigrants in the 'here and now'. (How collectivism arouses suspicion in me, too, and it's not an enjoyable sensation.)