Don't Ban Religious Teaching, Teach Reason

Ed Hudgins

Nope - it is that "chosen people" exemption card that Moses brought down.

It is fatally flawed, however, it is claimed.

Michael,

Ha! Yeah, the wording of that was poor. I should have just said "I am required to...." Actually, it's more that I am strongly encouraged to. If I chose not to there would be no repercussions. I don't really mind it. If I did, I would have thought better about how I worded that.

MSK - I'm rereading Zoltan's book in preparation for writing review and it is an enjoyable read. The influence of The Fountainhead is all over the place. I think in his latest statements, which I've criticized, he's trying to be provocative. By the way, he just annouced formation of a Transhumanist Party and I'll be emailing him about this soon. I argue that he is making important points. Many parents are very poor parants. Religious indoctrination can have terrible effects. But by suggesting state action he will distract from his legitimate points and undermine his own case.

"Very Jewish" is like condemning someone to mental death, no different than "very Mormon" or "very Catholic."

In this context it means firmly attached to the values that are taught as part of being brought up Jewish. This is primarily and ethical state. As you may have gathered I do not put much stock in the supernatural, but my ethics are born and bred Jewish ethics. I was programmed early from childhood and I am still immersed in the Jewish ethical viewpoint. In fact I am so immersed I will never become un-immersed. My ethics are Jewish yea, even unto death.

This is an official notice to Sampson that I am not an Internet troll ...

1o9OH.gif

Mark Levin carefully lays the Utopian scheme out so that whomsoever is scripting the Utopia, Plato, Muhammad, Thomas Moore, Hobbes, Bentham, Marx, Hitler, Stalin, Clinton, O'bama, Elizabeth Warren, etc. it ends in brutal tyrannies.

American Spectator commented on Ameritopia:

When I came across the line that "Utopia misapprehends man's nature," I had to stop reading and make a note to self. I do this with any brilliantly succinct and accurate notion. This line was so good that I wish I had written it myself. I had not.

Mark Levin wrote that and many other such nuggets -- and wove them into a tightly coherent narrative on where and why America is today. It's entitled Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America, published today. Like his Liberty and Tyranny three years ago, this book should defy publishing gravity and demonstrate that Americans are indeed interested in intellectual history -- as long as the author can make it compelling and demonstrate relevance.

Levin does both.

Before reading the book, I assumed that Mark would show us where we are headed as a nation. I was wrong. Instead he shows us where we already are and why we are there. The style is conversational -- like the style of that one history professor you might have known who really made history fun. But do not be fooled. The research underlying the conversation is comprehensive, and the easy flow is infused throughout with simple profundities.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/ameritopia_mark_levin_connects_the_dot.html#ixzz3FDSGCHvX

Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Hmm I guess some folks think he has something important to say.

A...

I take American Thinker as seriously as I take Free Republic. Which is to say, not at all. I don't why you're calling Hobbes and Bentham utopians. They were both liberals and far from starry eyed idealists.